Clarksburg-Harrison Public Library Foundation
The Clarksburg-Harrison Public Library Foundation is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to encourage donations and foster philanthropy in support of the library.
The mission of the Clarksburg-Harrison Public Library Foundation is to support and increase awareness of the Clarksburg-Harrison Public Library. Through community financial support and innovative programs, the Foundation further seeks to enhance the community’s appreciation and utilization of the library as a cultural, educational, and inclusive informational institution that encourages lifelong learning.
Benefits of Giving
• Leaving a lasting legacy
• Honoring a loved one
• Supporting literacy and learning in Harrison County
• Allowing the library to prosper and grow for future generations
Types of Donations
• Gifts of non-cash assets, such as stocks or real estate
• Gifts of life insurance
• Gifts of retirement plan assets
• Charitable requests
Frequently Asked Questions
How would supporting the library leave a lasting legacy?
- A community committed to lifelong learning and involvement is a better place to live. Support for the library has the potential to touch each person in our community well into the future. From board books to retirement planning, there’s something for everyone at the library!
What is the difference between the Library Foundation and the Friends of the Library?
- The Foundation is the primary fundraising arm of the library and its endowment. The Friends are a membership organization that supports the library through Friends-sponsored programs, initiatives, and events such as the annual book sale.
Isn't the library supported by my tax dollars?
- Yes, but it is necessary to supplement the library’s budget in order to provide the best possible library services to our community. Your donation helps provide better library services to more people and ensure funds are available for future library needs.
For more information regarding the Clarksburg-Harrison Public Library Foundation, please call (304) 627-2236 or go to About the CHPL Foundation.